Deepin 15.8, the latest release of Deepin 15 series has been released by Deepin Project. Now available to download and install in your PC/Laptop. this release based on debian, powered by Linux kernel 4.15 series which means that it offers support for the latest hardware components available on the market. Deepin Desktop Environment (DDE) as main desktop of Deepin has been updated and improved.
Here’s the Highlight of Deepin 15.8
- In fashion mode, a hide/show button is added in the new designed dock tray. Click it to hide the icons in tray area and save the dock space. And, the power button is separated from the tray area to reduce the clicks and avoid the function confusion.
- The new control center, the weather page, system widgets and bottom tools are removed and the layout is redesigned to improve the efficiency.
- the transparency setting is added in Personalization module for adjusting the transparency of control center, dock and launcher mini mode to beautify deepin desktop.
- The “Auto Brightness” function is added in Display module (supports device with light sensor), so that the screen brightness changes automatically according to the ambient light and protects your eyesight.
- The new splendid theme is added to deepin 15.8 boot menu, bringing users a wonderful experience from deepin starts.
- The dark icon theme is added to match with the dark theme of Deepin File Manager, making your window cool and elegant.
- The new “Full Disk Encryption” function is added in deepin 15.8 ISO installation to offer another anti-theft measures along with the user password, thus to ensure data safe and secure on the hard disk.
- Deepin File Manager is improved with new “Recent” function which supports quickly find the recently used files and can be hidden in Settings.