Introducing AsteroidOS 1.0
Published on May 20, 2018 by lsteam
What’s in the AsteroidOS 1.0 release?
- AsteroidOS 1.0 provides all the features needed for a modern wearable experience: phone notifications, an agenda, an alarm clock, a calculator, a music remote control, settings customizations, a stopwatch, a timer, and a weather forecast app are all included in this first release.
- These features can be synchronized using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) with Android phones thanks to a companion app named AsteroidOSSync. Libraries, examples, and documentation are all provided to help developers create new connectivity features and synchronization applications for new platforms.
- A wide variety of smartwatches are currently working: the LG G Watch, LG G Watch Urbane, LG G Watch R, Asus Zenwatch 1, Asus Zenwatch 2, Asus Zenwatch 3, and Sony Smartwatch 3 are the initial hardware targets. Additionally, it can run on a software emulator for testing and development. The process of porting AsteroidOS to a new hardware watch is extensively documented in our wiki to help anyone expand our list of supported watches.
- The smartwatch experience is highly customizable thanks to a community of watchfaces designers and developers. Documentation and support is provided to enable anyone to help create a new watchface.
- AsteroidOS is fully translated in 20 languages: Chinese, Czesh, Danish, Dutch, English, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Kabyle, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish and Ukrainian. The project can be translated to more languages online.
- Last, but not least, it comes with a Software Development Kit (SDK), examples, and a tutorial enabling developers to create new custom watch applications for the OS.