Linux Mint 19.2 has been released and announced by Linux Mint Project, now available to download which ship with the Cinnamon, Mate and Xfce editions both for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. It’s powered by the Linux 4.15 kernel and uses the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS package base, which will be supported for five years until 2023.
Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon edition features latest version of Cinnamon desktop 4.2 with new features and updates. Although the amount of RAM consumed by Cinnamon largely depends on the video driver, Cinnamon uses significantly less RAM than before. The application menu is faster and it now identifies and distinguishes duplicates. If two applications have the same name, the menu will show more information about them. Scrollbars are now configurable and Nemo file manager support pin file and folder .
Other improvements :
- The screensaver now has an on-screen keyboard.
- A printer applet was added. Plug a printer and it should show up.
- Recent documents are now enabled by default.
- The option to choose your favorite PDF reader was added to “Preferred Applications”.
- The background slideshow applet shows the filename of the current background.
- The session manager was ported to gdbus.
- Inhibitors no longer prevent forced logouts.
- Natural scrolling can be configured for mice (it could only be configured for touchpads in the past).
- The screensaver fader was removed.
- A new option was added in the Privacy Settings to toggle Internet connectivity checking.
- The condition for nemo actions can now be an external script or command.
- XApps improvements
- “Boot-Repair” was added to the installation ISO images.
Download Linux Mint 19.2 : https://linuxmint.com/download.php | Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon release notes : https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_tina_cinnamon_whatsnew.php