Linux Mint 17.3 MATE Edition has been released and announced by Linux Mint Team, this release featuring the latest version of MATE Desktop Environment 1.12, based-on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, linux kernel 3.19, Xorg 1.17, Mesa 10.5.9 and will get updates and security patch until 2019.
Here’s New Features and Changes in Linux Mint 17.3 MATE:
- The Software Sources tool now detects your location and starts its speed tests with mirrors near you.
- The Update Manager now also performs more checks than before.
- Drivers are now sorted by status and the Driver Manager now indicates if drivers are Open Source or not.
- HiDPI support was improved in the MDM display manager.
- The application menu looks much better, thanks to the addition of a frame, borders and shadows
- The “Desktop Settings” tool now supports more window and compositing managers
- Touchpad support was significantly improved
- Multi-monitor support has been improved. Display settings now show output names and you’re now able to define which of your monitors should be considered “primary”.
- The power applet now displays model and vendor information so you can distinguish between multiple battery powered devices.
- The MATE system monitor now detects Linux Mint more accurately and it’s one of the first MATE components which was ported to GTK3.
- For more details you can refer to – new features Linux Mint 17.3 MATE
Linux Mint 17.3 MATE Screenshot tours
Download Linux Mint 17.3 MATE