Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon has been released and announced by Linux Mint Team, this release featuring the latest version cinnamon 2.8 desktop environment, based-on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, linux kernel 3.19, Xorg 1.17, Mesa 10.5.9 and will get updates and security patch until 2019.
Here’s New Features and Changes in Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon:
- The Software Sources tool now detects your location and starts its speed tests with mirrors near you.
- The Update Manager now also performs more checks than before.
- Drivers are now sorted by status and the Driver Manager now indicates if drivers are Open Source or not.
- HiDPI support was improved in the MDM display manager.
- The sound applet was given a fresh new layout.
- Input controls, applications and output devices were moved to the right-click context menu
- The power applet received many bug fixes and the way it detects and handles multiple batteries was significantly improved.
- The workspace switcher applet is now able to show a visual representation of your workspaces.
- the Cinnamon system tray now also supports indicators.
- The window list is now able to show window thumbnails
- The traditional animation effect for minimizing windows was fixed and it is now working with multiple panels.
- Some polish and slight visual improvements were applied to both the classic and preview Alt-Tab application switchers.
- Box pointers (the little arrows joining applet menus to the panel) received some attention and now look much better than before when close to the edge of the screen.
- The Alt-F2 run dialog received bug fixes and better auto-completion.
- The display settings now show both the name of your monitors and the name of the output plug they’re connected to
- Support for multiple monitors was significantly improved. The mapping of new windows, dialogs, OSD.etc
- Cinnamon now supports microphone mute buttons.
- “Quick-Rename” landed in Nemo.
- more details new features linux mint 17.3 cinnamon
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon Screenshot tours
Download Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon