GNOME 3.24, the latest release of free and open source GNOME 3. This release comes with tons of improvements and bug fixes. The GNOME Project calls the 3.24 release another step forward for GNOME. This release is here after spending 6 months in development. It’s the 33rd release of GNOME.
Highlight of GNOME 3.24
- Night Light is new features of the GNOME 3.24, it allow you to change the screen color according to the time of the day, also reduces the blue light and sleeplessness.
- Recipes is a brand new application for GNOME. Intended as a community project, the application contains a collection of recipes contributed by GNOME community members. it allow you to add and edit your own recipes, export and print shopping lists, adjust quantities based on the number of servings and more..
- Improved Applications, Other GNOME applications like Web, Photos, Games, Polari, Calendar, and Calculator haven been improved.
- Refined Notifications, weather information has been incorporated into the notifications area. The users can use it to a simple summary of day’s weather. Relative timestamps have been added to make missed alerts more understandable.
- Dual Graphics Card Support, GNOME 3.24 supports laptops and PCs that have two graphics cards,Now you can select which GPU to use when opening an application by right-clicking on its dock/favourites bar icon, and you can see information on both graphics cards in System Setting
- Improved Icons, GNOME 3.24 brings lots of high-resolution icons to make sure that everything looks good to eyes. The icons have also been doubled from 256×256px to 512×512p. They are now more detailed and intricate.
- Builder and Flatpak Improvements, As Builder and Flatpak get mature, GNOME is getting a more exciting release for developers. With Builder, they can use Flatpack as an easy and stable base for application development.
- For more details you can refer to GNOME 3.24 release announcements